AFC Sudbury

AFC Sudbury Unofficial Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  AFC Sudbury Website  Ryman League  Thurlow Nunn League  Football Conference Youth Alliance  Non-League Daily.Com  Eastern Region Women's Football League  AFC Sudbury Grassroots  Turners Of Essex Coaches  Ryman Stationers Website  Non League Matters  Pitchero Non-League  Eastern Counties Forum  Colchester & East Essex Football League  Suffolk F.A.  
Next First Team Fixture - Ryman Division One North AWAY v VCD ATHLETIC - Saturday 19th April 2014 - Kick Off 3.00pm
AFC Reserves/Under 21's Next Fixture - Thurlow Nunn League Division One - HOME v Needham Market Reserves - Saturday 19th April 2014 - Kick Off 3.00pm
AFC Sudbury Ladies - Next Fixture; Suffolk FA Womens Cup Final - TBA
AFC Sudbury A Team - Next Fixture - Colchester and East Essex League AWAY v Belle Vue social- Saturday 19th April 2014 - kick off 3.00pm
AFC Youth Alliance Next Fixture - Football Conference Youth Alliance Essex and Herts Division - HOME v Chelmsford City - Wednesday 23rd April 2014 - kick off 2.00pm
Latest topics
» Supporters Player of the Season
Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:16 pm by Cardinal Puff

» Team Knock Cup at George & Dragon
Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:58 am by AFC AWAY DAYS

» League Cup Final
Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:23 pm by AFC AWAY DAYS

» Another win
Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:54 am by AFC AWAY DAYS

» A ndew season starts
Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:38 pm by AFC AWAY DAYS

» Unable to get to the Robert Dyas League Cup Final?.............
Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:36 pm by busky

» Off To A Cup Final!!!
Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:31 am by Lorks a Lordas

» Sam signs on for more
Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:55 pm by AFC AWAY DAYS

» Finals night
Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:48 pm by AFC AWAY DAYS

Social Media
Twitter
Follow AFCSudbury on Twitter
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Share | 

New Signings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yellow mallard

PostSubject: New Signings   Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:48 am

Pleased to see we have signed some players at last, and it looks as if Lurch has got a good mix of players last season and new additions.
Still feel we need another forward to help Bakes out up front.
No mention of Danny Gay in the players signed, hope he has as this gives the back 4 confidence with a good keeper behind them.
Lets hope the group bond and gel well early on, as a good start is needed from the begining, not like last season.
Good to see the Manager has no holiday booked, especially at the start of the season!
Not sure where the managers signings made at the music festival will fit in!
CG
Back to top Go down
busky
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Signings   Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:00 pm

The three signings made at Live&Kicking will feature mainly on the bench this season!!!
Back to top Go down
yellow mallard

PostSubject: new signings   Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:43 am

Good news on Danny Gay signing shame about Dave.
Hope Lurch gets his other centre forward to join other impressive signings, good to see the club backing the manager.

Back to top Go down
Top Cat

PostSubject: New signings ?    Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Are you , like me getting a bit concerned at how thin our 1st team squad is looking .

I see today 2 more of last seasons lads are not coming back ( Danny Emmanuel & Tom Devaux )
Why so many leaving & so many we are talking to end up not wanting to come ?

Is it all about money or is something else wrong ?

We seem to have made a few good looking signings but the squad is seriously lacking in numbers & attacking options & pre season friendlies only days away now.

Am I getting concerned too early , what do others think , the forum has been very quiet.

I will look out for more postings & thoughts

Back to top Go down
busky
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Signings   Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:44 pm

A bit early to start worrying about the squad.

There are seven pre-season games to go.

There is nearly six weeks to go before the season starts.

There is unlikely to be a squad of more that seventeen or eighteen players not the twenty two of last season.

Roll on August 18th
Back to top Go down
Big Daddy

PostSubject: Re: New Signings   Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:26 pm

We seem to have a gluten of central midfielders (Clarke, Pond, Shinn, Fergus, Webb) assuming we play 4-4-2 then some people may be disappointed but many players may be penciled in for dual positions i.e. midfield/forward so I guess we will find out more as the friendlies unfold but win or lose in those games the most important thing is to start the league campaign with some winning form if we are to get promotion this year. We seem short of wingers (only Martin & Bussens) but if we go for 4-3-3 then they may not be needed. I think the main thing we need to do is turn the Kings Marsh into a fortress this season as we traveled well last year but didn't pick up enough points at home (contrast that to Tilbury who gave away nothing at home and made the play-offs as a result.

Steve
Back to top Go down
phwaktur

PostSubject: New Signings   Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:58 pm

Don't worry about new signings at the moment. Chris has a clear idea as to how he wants to play this season. He has signed the key players he needs and will be making his selection from the other fifteen to twenty lads who are attending pre-season training, who are all keen and want to play for the club. I am confident that by the time we kick off the season we will have a well balanced, strong team that will give us an excellent chance of progressing in the cups and fighting for promotion at the end of the season.
One things is for sure they will be the fittest side we have ever started the season with as already they have been on a personal fitness regime before the pre-season training starts and are now training three times per week.
Come along to Cornard on Thursday and have a look at a few of the new faces as well the popular regulars.

Unfortunately some of the lads have decided to move elsewhere on the promise of regular first team selection and we wish them well for the coming season.

I look forward to seeing you all next season
Regards
Phil Turner Wink
Back to top Go down

New Signings

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1